Kayak is a small and narrow boat that is used for fishing. It is one type of inexpensive boat used for sports fishing and other wilderness activities. There are different kinds of kayaks. Among the various kayaks, sit-on-kayaks are extremely safe kayak and used to spend time on the water for kayaking and fishing. It can offer safe access to the water for fishermen and other people. The sit-on-top kayaks consist many large semi sealed containers that can help to float the sit-on-top kayaks. So, a fisherman and the other individuals who want to use the kayak for fishing and other activities should prepare for kayaking because during these activities they have to face many dangerous problems. So, a prepared kayak fisherman avoids these problems easily.
SAFETY AND PRECAUTIONS OF KAYAK
1) Kayaking is a safe and simple activity and if it is not then some precautions are necessary for a good kayaking. During kayaking, fishermen have to face many dangerous problems, so in that case, fishermen should take some precautions. So, as beginner fishermen, they should have some concepts about fishing so that they can tackle any situation.
2) Every fisherman and user of kayak use this type of boat for fishing purposes. So, before using the kayak, users must have concepts about paddling, safety, equipment of kayak, etc.
3) As beginner users should take knowledge about kayaking from some expertise and kayaking instructor.
4) The user of kayak should wear a PFD or personal floatation device that can reduce the risk of accidental drowning of the kayak.
5) As the kayak is small and narrow, it is not visible to other watercraft and in that case, some accidents occur. So, bright colored kayaks and bright paddles are used for fishing.
6) Kayaking can be dangerous to the people’s health and safety and even death. So, every fisherman should keep PFD and lifejacket during fishing.
7) Before kayak fishing, fishermen should check the weather and tidal condition before departing from land.
8) Fishermen and user of kayak must protect themselves from unsafe weather conditions, severe tidal changes, dangerous currents, etc.
9) uring kayaking, the fishermen should always carry safety equipment for security purposes.
10) During kayaking, fishermen should avoid alcohol, drugs, etc. These can affect the ability of paddling kayak.
ENVIRONMENT OF KAYAKING
RIVERS: There are many forms of rivers. These may be calm and flat, rough, narrow, slow and shallow. Sit-on-top kayaks are useful in calm and narrow rivers for kayaking. During kayaking in the river, fishermen should wear a helmet, PFD so that they can avoid any accidents.
LAKES: If a fisherman is kayaking on a lake, it means that he has to travel some distances. So, a kayak that moves silently and in a smooth and effortless way will be essential for kayaking. So, during kayaking, fishermen should wear PFD and life jacket.
If users of kayak want to deal with any serious situations during kayaking that can arise in any water, they should take some tips and knowledge about fishing from some expertise. They also should take some precautions if any dangerous situation occurs.
Weather condition is another serious issue that can affect the kayaking. Sometimes strong wind prevents moving of kayak from one place to another. It can prevent the direction of the kayak and make it difficult to turn. Sometimes exposure to the sun creates hot weather that can affect kayaking and it will be dangerous for the fishermen. So, every fisherman should carry sun protection gel and fresh water.
TIDAL CURRENT AND OCEAN CURRENT
There are two principal types of current on the sea, and these are- reversing tidal current, continuous ocean current. Sometimes strong current makes the situation worse, and a bad weather condition causes it.
PRECAUTIONS OF KAYAKING
When the fishermen start kayaking, they should take some precautions. They need to make a chart before starting fishing to identify the risky situations. Every fisherman should paddle in controlled current so that they can understand its effect. During kayaking, fishermen should take care of the condition when the direction of current opposes the direction of the wind.
ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT FOR KAYAKING
Before starting kayak fishing, fishermen should keep some essential equipment. During fishing, fishermen should know about the location of fishing, weather condition, the length of the journey, time of journey, etc. These will play a major role during fishing. To start fishing, some essential things are necessary, and these are:
3) Running light.
4) Water and food.
6) First aid box.
7) Waterproof cover and shell.
9) Weather forecast.
12) Lighter or matches.
13) Survival knife.
14) Phone or radio.
From the above article, it is found that the Kayak Fishing is an important activity for every fisherman and for that they need some safety conditions that can secure their fishing journey. So during kayak fishing, if they have any serious problem, they can take some precautions that can help to avoid these problems. So, fishermen should take some knowledge and tips from expertise about the fishing journey so that they can accomplish a successful fishing trip.